Friday, November 7, 2014

Batroun and Byblos

Batroun brings a lot of great memories to me and my family since I was raised there, and the simple life that people live there makes me want to leave everything and go back to that simply happy life.
We went to the fisherman's wharf in Batroun ( photos that I took 4 summers ago) and enjoyed the sunset as well as the beautiful view of the Mediterranean, and the historical great Phoenician wall

We decided to go to Byblos the second day and browse the old souks as well as enjoy a decent lunch at Finikia (Phoencia). The enjoyment was taken back when we decided to enjoy a $7 cup of coffee after lunch at Edde Caffee and we were served hot water with a 3 in 1 Nescafe pack.





We took a boat for a 15 minutes ride but the tourism's flavor has obviously changed. The little boat ride that is supposed to bring you closer to nature, feel the beauty of the Mediterranean and Byblos, was NOT what we expected (see here)



No comments:

Post a Comment