Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Edmonton to Toronto and now Ottawa

I still haven't figured out why I keep coming back to this blog :)! Especially that none follows it or reads it, but I keep thinking that one day someone who is very close to me would find it, and smile while reading it!
I should probably remove some older posts since my wife (Laura) would be upset if she saw older posts with Amy, but I simply wanted to preserve the integrity of my writing and life experiences.

Here's a summary of the past two years... in two paragraphs!
I survived the renovations!!! and I learned a lot from that experience... if you're eager to see how it turned out, here are some teasers:

Kitchen project:


Building a closet:





I landed a job in Toronto so I had to rush through the renos and fly to Toronto within 3 weeks - I forgot how it felt like to fall asleep!

Toronto:
I finally made it to Toronto and had a first amazing summer in a long time - a well deserved summer.

 View from my bedroom
 A view from one of the rooftops

I took up kayaking, rock climbing and cycling. Drinking beer became my favorite hobby too!
 Random spot on a random night in Toronto
 Bike trip to Scarborough bluffs
 Kayaking near billy bishop airport
 I even got a hammock!
 Kayaking to Toronto island became a daily habit after work.



Marriage:
Fast forward & I'm now a married man! My family was the happiest, although they were still trying to understand what just happened!?

We decided that Toronto was too crazy for a potential family and decided to relocate to Ottawa! It's been interesting here, but mostly a great experience because two of my close friends immigrated to Ottawa. We gather every Thursday for a beer and try to get together almost every weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment